Thursday, July 26, 2012

What is 'Poshtik'?

Poshtik is a word in Marathi (a language used in central India) which means healthy. In India and most of Asia, it is very common to feed a baby home made solid foods once they are ready. Many principles are followed in preparation of the baby food which is made fresh for every meal. Indian foods generally follow the Ayurvedic tradition wherein food combinations and energies are kept in mind. Other Asian countries like China also believe in food combinations and energies. For example certain foods like ginger are used to expel wind.

I make baby food for my little son who is now 8 month old - we will call him 'M' in this blog. I also cook for my 8 year old daughter - we will call her 'I'.

Give your baby a healthy start in life with natural homemade solid foods. Made with love from fresh and simple ingredients, these foods will nourish your little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment